Submitted by shibbyspeaks:
I’ve been checking out your blog a little bit and I really like it. I was wondering if you could point me in the direction of good products for a former relaxer prisoner? I’ve been think about growing natural for about a year now and I’ve finally started weening myself off the creamy crack. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks.
Hey girl! I’m hoping Tumblr informs you that I answered this even though you’re submitting it as a Submission. Well let us see. I think when it comes to natural hair and selecting products it’s really difficult to tell a person What products they should use. There have been some products that other people LOVE and I HATE!
One of the major things that people encourage naturals to do is not use shampoos with certain sulfates that I can’t exactly remember. The sulfates basically make the shampoo lather, but they also dry your hair out so a lot of girls just like doing co-washes (washing with conditioner). I myself tried using Olive You cleanser by My Honey Child that my beautician recommended at $21 a bottle and absolutely hated it! So because of that I’ve stuck to my Kera Care Dry & Itchy Scalp Shampoo & Conditioner which I used when I had a relaxer. They sell it in some Wal-Marts now if you’re interested. They’re about $14 each, but great!
*Clears throat* If you read the blog you would be able to tell that it was written in a joking manner. I have written about Relaxed vs. Natural before so it lets me know that you really don’t read my tumblr and are judging it off of one blog. If you do not like to see Relaxed vs. Natural things then you are fighting an uphill battle. Also why are you submitting this as “Anonymous?” If this is your opinion on my blog then you should stand strongly by it and not feel the need to hide it.
I don’t think this is a long post, but after speaking with a young lady today and sitting under my dryer bored I’ve decided to write this.
- “If I had the money I’d go natural.”-Ummmm, what? A relaxer cost $60 (for me at least), a wash and style is like $30, and when it comes to products some naturals still use the same ones they used before. I guess I LOOK like I’m made of money or something. I obviously thoroughly enjoy spending $14+ on Darcy’s Botanicals (love that stuff) and Kinky Kurly. You now a lot of people have said financial reasons are why they have decided to get off the creamy crack so I don’t exactly see how one can say this.
- “Why don’t you just cut the rest of your relaxer out?”-Ummm excuse me? Not all naturals want to do a big chop. Some of us (myself) are afraid of having short hair and what it will look like. I mean honestly, transitioning your hair is no different than when it’s relaxed when it comes to how whether you want it long or short in my opinion. All these relaxed chicks are walking around with damaged hair, but if I mention them cutting their hair short I get a “B*tch you’re crazy look.” So I’m giving you that same look.
When I’m dancing like
and some creep comes up behind me and dances like
And I turn around like
And he’s like
And I’m like
And I walk away like
And he play’s it off like
and then I see a fine shawdy dancing like
And I’m like
and I go over to him and we start dancing like
and then a bad ass song comes on, and we’re like
And the rejected guy looks at me like
And I’m like
and he’s like
and I’m like
>:) Just saying..
- A pin-up girl photo shoot-There’s something about women from early 1900s that just oozed elegance and grace, yet sexy. They did it without having to be oiled up in a g-string.
- Visit Tokyo-There’s numerous places that I want to visit, but something about Tokyo sticks out. It’s probably because I don’t know any Japanese and I feel like Asian culture is so different from American/Black culture. It would be major culture shock.
- Get a tattoo/nose piercing-This is something that I contemplate EVERY year. I have this huge urge around November/December to do something MAJOR (probably due to the fact that my birthday is in January), but I always chicken out. For my 20th birthday I said I was going to get my nose pierced. For my 21st birthday I said I was going to get a tattoo on my pelvic bone area that said, “Carpe Diem.” Yeah, I didn’t seize that day at all.